Haflinger 700AP
AustHaflinger

Re: Dutch Haflinger "Treffen" Mai 2016

Post by AustHaflinger »

Sorry is a bit far for me :-(
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Lurch is in the process of having a service, check over in time for it. I also know of at least two other UK Haflinger's that are going.

I hope to start travelling on the Thursday as it will take us at least one and a half days to get to the Trefen.

John

(If anyone wants details let me know and I can send the flyer)
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

We'll be there - hotel around the corner booked (tenting and me are not good bed fellows), and looking forward to it.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
eniac

Post by eniac »

Nice to see you again this year ( I hope)
I'm looking for the most Haflinger populated Camping ground's around.
The Camping on the Flyer is extrem expensive I think. I get an offer for 115€ for the weekend, sleeping in my Pinzgauer ..
But if everyboby else is there I don't want to stay alone ;-)
Stefan

------------------------------------------------
reality is an illusion, caused by scarcity of alcohol
------------------------------------------------
Pinzgauer 710M
Haflinger 700AP
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Just busy waiting for the cardiac consultant to produce his report on my heart before I finally commit to going by buying ferry tickets, insurance, camping fees, treffen fees etc.

I developed Angina just after last years one and had 6 stents put in during a 3 hour Operation at the beginning of January this year, so I am still doing the cardiac rehab course, and the odd bit of time at work - too pay the bills!

I am sure most campers will use the camp site the organisers have made an arrangement with just because it is easier than finding your own....

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Some of the 18 Haflingers & a Pinzgauer attending the 2016 Dutch Treffen. Fabulous weather and some very nice scenic driving through the hills (yes really) of south west Netherlands. Great company too with much laughter at supper last night.

I think the UK contingent reached 7 Haflingers !!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Attachments
ChyM30XUgAIN40V.jpg
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

woodman

Post by woodman »

Julian B wrote:Some of the 18 Haflingers & a Pinzgauer attending the 2016 Dutch Treffen. Fabulous weather and some very nice scenic driving through the hills (yes really) of south west Netherlands. Great company too with much laughter at supper last night.

I think the UK contingent reached 7 Haflingers !!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Hi Julian, great photo, did John ( Lurch ) arrive ok, I'm sure he will write an article for our Magazine, but could you also contribute, two heads ( or articles ) are better than one, please keep posting pics' regards Pete
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Yes, Lurch made it under it's own steam - a remarkable achievement ! The UK contingent consisted of...
  • John & Steven (Lurch)
    Hampshire Paul +1
    Clive T +1
    Northumberland John +1
    Worcestershire James +1
    Cumbria Dave +1
    Me +1
An additional Haf turned up this morning, making 20 Steyr Puch's in total.
Last edited by Julian B on Sat May 07, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

walderse

Post by walderse »

Hello to all!
Looks like a great turn out!
In the photo of the Haflingers, what is the 7th truck to the left (just above the head of the red-headed boy)? Is it a PolyCab with some sort of tall front bumper overriders? We continue to work on our 703APK pop-top camper, I am always interested is what others have done. As always, it is great to see people getting together and keeping these little trucks on the move.
Take care...one and all!

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon
http://northwestmogfest.com
pinzmeister

Post by pinzmeister »

Hi Jim.
I'm not there but I would know that Poly Cab Haf anywhere! It belongs to John from Northumberland and he's owned it for years, It sports a front 'bull bar' which is what you can just see in the picture.
Cheers Nigel.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Hi Jim,

It is a "standard" UK polycab, with a rear canvas. Can't recall whether SWB or LWB. The front bumper is great - complete with a pair of cacti 8-)
Attachments
2016-05-07_08_59_36.jpg
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

walderse

Post by walderse »

Julian,
Thank you! Any additional photos would be greatly appreciated but I do not wish to hijack this thread. Do you know the names of the owners and it they are on this forum?
My very best to all.
Take care and ENJOY!!!

Jim
walderse

Post by walderse »

Nigel,
Thanks for the information. Do you know if John is on this forum? I can see clearly why one would be able to pick out this truck with ease.
Take care.

Jim
pinzmeister

Post by pinzmeister »

Hi Jim,
Unfortunately John isn't on this forum, I'll see if I can find some more pictures from 'The Haflinger and Pinzgauer Club UK' archives.
Cheers Nigel.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

The John that owns that Poly-cab passed his driving test in it at the age of 17, and has kept it on the road ever since. It even went to Austria under it's own steam last year (along with 2 others). They took a lot of spares including a spare engine! Although they didn't need it.

It has over the years become slightly non-standard, but then it still goes and stops and does all the standard Haflinger tasks.

Next post will be my version of the Treffen.

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Totally forgot that I was going to do a write up for the Dutch Treffen 2016. I'll try to find some time over the next couple of days to put something together (if I can remember what happened)!
As far I remember, My friend Stephen and I packed Lurch up to the gunnels, just because we could - and then drove there with no issues. Drove round with all the others and had a great time talking, eating, camping etc. Then drove home.
I think there was one breakdown out all the vehicles that turned up. That got fixed sufficiently well for them to do the road runs and get back to the camp site.

More later.

John

Julian B

Post by Julian B »

I think that just about captures it, John :D . But look forward to reading the write up! The south east corner of The Netherlands is a beautiful area, and the undulating land (mountains by Dutch standards) made for some great views.

Looking forward to the next one already ...
Julian B
W Sussex, UK