Rallye Des Cimes 1969 - Haflinger

AustHaflinger

Rallye Des Cimes 1969 - Haflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

This interesting vid came up in my Youtube recommendations - racing Haflingers - listen to some of the odd engines some have - even twin engines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RsE0JXGSXI

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Rallye Des Cimes 1969 - Haflinger

Post by heinkeljb »

Wonder how they got a twin engine system in? Would never happen now, every one would be too scared of damaging their expensive Haflingers which they have spent years doing nut and bolt restorations on....
John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
jhon

Post by jhon »

I enjoyed watching that - thanks for posting!

Gosh, these guys were hardy, there wasn't much going on in the way of roll-over protection; the standard hood hoop is pretty inadequate - keeping the vehicle light obviously much more important!

Wonder where these vehicles are now - would love to know more about the engine/gearing modifications.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I was amazed at how they all stuck in 1st gear with revs up around 6000rpm, going slowly but fast - I wonder how many engines have blown up. I think a few had VW engines in them.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
poly_cab_hafs

Post by poly_cab_hafs »

Very nice video.

I thought I had found every picture/video of haflingers online so it's nice to see something different!
1973 Polycab - LWB
1965 Polycab - SWB
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I wonder how many people have said / thought that! Always going to be some new picture of video as you can't think of all the possible search terms or deal with bad spelling / language issues.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
woodman

Post by woodman »

Brill'Video, I agree with jhon regarding the standard roll over bar, see damage done with the Haf' that went through the hedge and rolled, ir the rally took place today would never pass ' elf and safety regulations ' still fun to watch though.