Local rally at Wiston 2013

heinkeljb

Local rally at Wiston 2013

Post by heinkeljb »

Lurch has been to his first Rally under my ownership - but I doubt he ever went to any rallies under any of the previous owners!

Travelled about 22 miles to get there, Sat Nav said at about 39 miles per hour! Speedo said at about 43 miles per hour. I know which one I believe :o

The rally was held over two days. That meant getting up early Saturday morning and again on Sunday in order to be parked up and ready for the paying public to arrive and start walking around looking at everything. Some photos of Lurch in the sunshine.
Lurch at Wiston Rally 2013 photo 1.jpg
Lurch at Wiston Rally 2013 photo 1.jpg (143 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
There were two Unimog's, an early one and a late one. Lots of landrovers and other commercial vehicles in the lines we had to park in.
Lurch at Wiston Rally 2013 photo 2.jpg
Lurch at Wiston Rally 2013 photo 2.jpg (142 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
The site was nice and large with steam vehicles, fun fair rides, autojumble / trade stalls.

The panoramic stitched together photos do not really show the detail of things, but do give an idea of how big the site was.
Panorama Wiston Ralley 2013.jpg
Panorama Wiston Ralley 2013.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
Find the helter-skelter on the left hand side, Lurch is park almost in front of that, then the sweep goes round clockwise from there to about 180 degrees.

Good couple of days out.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Local rally at Wiston 2013

Post by AustHaflinger »

Its good that you are able to get out to do a bit of "Show and Tell".

No doubt Lurch was the hit of the show. Did it mark its territory ;) like all good boys should.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Local rally at Wiston 2013

Post by heinkeljb »

The front passenger hub does not seem to be throwing any more oil out than when I first noticed it after the rebuild. I have not done anything about it as I am waiting for this coming weekend when he will go to the UK Treffen and Club AGM meeting. There should be a few other people there who might have some ideas on what to do. (I shall take the spares with me). There is apparently a workshop at the site as it is a "pukka" off road place. So if it looks too bad, it can be changed there.

Lurch managed the three main party pieces.... Lots of gearbox / transmission noise... Taking the doors off as it was to hot in the cab with them shut... Passenger sitting in one of the rear seats! (Only have the frame there at present, so rolled up rag used for cleaning things which lives in the tool bag. I also have one of those mesh back rest things which are designed to keep your back from the seat upright so there is an air gap for cooling between you and the seat. So, one of those and he was happy as Larry to sit in the back whilst we drove around the arena!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!