Mini-treffen, and perhaps a Maxi-Treffen

wojo12

Mini-treffen, and perhaps a Maxi-Treffen

Post by wojo12 »

I apologise for the late posting here, but I have only just found this area of the site.

In about one hour, I am leaving home with Haf on my new trailer to head three hours south to meet Rick (mechanical horse) at his home where he is restoring a Haflinger. There, we will be met by OzzieHaffy (kym) with his Haflinger, and his son, Brett, with a 712M Pinz.

I'm excited as I have never seen a Pinz (they came out just as I sold my first Haf), and I haven't seen another running Haflinger for 47 years!!

When I return home, I will of course post some photos here.

If this works out to be successful (and I'm sure it will be), I will be thinking about holding a bigger meeting later in the year, possibly at Rover Park near Tenterfield. This is the best venue I can find so far that is between Brisbane and Sydney. It offers camping as well as cabins, as well as 4x4 tracks and creeks/rivers. http://roverpark.com.au/#about

I'd love to hear expressions of interest, and suggestions of when. By the looks of the venue, I think it might be quite crowded on long weekends which of course increases traffic on its tracks. For safety's sake, I personally would prefer a "normal" weekend.

Time to start packing

Cheers

John W

ps I have about 92 Haf and Pinz's in my 2018/19 Australian Haf-Pinz Register. It's based on the info from the old Haflinger Club of Australia site, but updated as much as I can. I'd love it if every Oz owner on here could confirm that have a Haf/Pinz nad its details. Just PM me.
heinkeljb

Re: Mini-treffen, and perhaps a Maxi-Treffen

Post by heinkeljb »

Have a good time!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Three banana benders spending time together - hmmm X rated stuff not sure the outcome can be published on a G rated forum.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

So - Mini Treffen has been done and dusted. Attendees - mechanical horse (our host), OzzieHaffy, OzzieHaffy's son, and myself = Haf, Haf, Pinz 712M, Haf.

Lots of measuring, comparing, photographing, taking, more measuring etc. "Mrs mechanical horse" kindly provided some morning tea which most welcome.

Just as we were leaving OzzieHaffy's son decided to demonstrate how each a Pinz is to work on!!!

It seems you can only add one photo at a time which is a bit tedious after a five hour drive home. You will all have to go to the Facebook page referred to below.

Keep on Haffing!
Attachments
20190112_094721.jpg
20190112_101720.jpg
20190112_093420.jpg
20190112_111504.jpg
Last edited by wojo12 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

wojo12 wrote:It seems you can only add one photo at a time which is a bit tedious after a five hour drive home.
Nice pick - glad you all had a good time.

You can add more pics - just redo the process for each pic - there is a limit but is reasonable.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Excellent - it is great fun meeting up & comparing notes etc.

I still remember the day that I went to my first European Treffen - in Hafling, Italy - and seeing over 100 Haflingers. Prior to that I had owned a Haflinger for perhaps 40 years and only ever seen about 3 in all that time!

PS I can't see your Facebook photos as it requires me to log in / sign up, neither of which do I want to do. Ho Hum, my loss.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

Julian B wrote:Excellent - it is great fun meeting up & comparing notes etc.

I still remember the day that I went to my first European Treffen - in Hafling, Italy - and seeing over 100 Haflingers. Prior to that I had owned a Haflinger for perhaps 40 years and only ever seen about 3 in all that time!

PS I can't see your Facebook photos as it requires me to log in / sign up, neither of which do I want to do. Ho Hum, my loss.
I'll see if I can make the pictures public.

John W
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

As you appear to have worked out how to post more than one picture on a thread, Julian won’t have to get Facebook because he can see your pictures on here!!

Looks like you had a good time. Next one will be with all of you going for a drive!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Those machines look fabulous - great condition.

And as for that Pinz ... If only I could have one just like that. Perfection!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |