Parts book

ogdenenterprise

Parts book

Post by ogdenenterprise »

A friend of mine told me about a advert in our local weekend paper , It said parts book and service book for sale. I rang the number and he said that the service manual was a photo copy but the other was original print. I had to drive for about 1 hour to get to the address that he gave me but on arrival I realized that the journey had not been a waste of time. I chatted to him for about 1 hour, he told me he worked as a civilian for the Australian ministry of defense in the mid 70,s at the Cowley beach Barracks which is about 1.5 hours drive south of Cairns as a mechanic and vehicle tester. I only got his first name - Peter, but I asked him how he came to have the books.He told me,while he was there they had 4 Haflingers delivered, they were not new and they had come from Townsville which is about 4.5hours drive south from Cairns.He remembers taking them out for testing on MOD land at Cowley beach and Tully , He also remembers a big shed that was full of spare parts including engines and gearboxes, all the parts and the haflingers were then sent back to Townsville and he does not know what happened to them after that.
The parts book is not in the usual green vinyl ring binder, I have posted some photos as I dont know if it is a military parts book or what, maybe some one will know.

Dave
Attachments
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG
AustHaflinger

Re: Parts book

Post by AustHaflinger »

That is Australian Army documentation and the Haflingers would have been Australian Army Haflingers.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
gmackie

Re: Parts book

Post by gmackie »

See my recent post in 'Show and Tell'.

Greg