Has anyone used Maxsport R81 12" tires?...now XTR 12" tires

Czechsix

Re: Has anyone used Maxsport R81 12" tires?...now XTR 12" ti

Post by Czechsix »

Alrighty, all four are mounted, took her for a short drive today, over muck and mud. Worked well!

Tech - you asked about weight. I weighed both the old Maloya/wheel and new XTR/wheel combos. Maloya (worn to the bone) and wheel, 28#. XTR and wheel, 33#.

Cascade - yep, rolling resistance is definitely higher, but on bad terrain I don't think I'll even notice. On the road, different, definitely, but I'm not planning on much road use at all. Next big trip, if I can get her to the point I feel she's reliable, will be to spectate the King of the Hammers out in the Mojave Desert. I normally ride an XR416 out to that, but this time I'll try to take the Haffy. Plus coolers, water, all sorts of other fun stuff too! Come to think of it, I might do a gopro mount on the back of the truck, and do video for an upload. KoH is a pretty entertaining place with hundreds of really neat trucks and rigs. Never seen a Haffy though! Pinz's, 'mogs, sure....never a Haffy.

Should be fun.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch