Rear passenger (UK nearside) Drum

heinkeljb

Re: Rear passenger (UK nearside) Drum

Post by heinkeljb »

Waiting for another backplate - hopefully this one will be good and I can start putting Lurch back together.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Finally got a good backplate. I put some pictures up of some of the work. Really must get better at taking photos whilst I am doing the work! Get involved in doing the work, then if I remember , I have horrible greasy, dirty hands and don’t want to pick up the camera!

Still, every thing is back together again. Will take it for a test drive tomorrow.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Is this going to be 4th time lucky with the backing plates?
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I received a good backplate and finished the rebuild / repair on Lurch yesterday. Now, I need to go for a test drive to see if things like the brakes work on the road as opposed to on the drive!

So that's the "original" backplate - cracked basically from top to bottom, 1st replacement backplate - wrong side, 2nd replacement backplate - cracked along the top and bottom where the casting changes to the flat plate section, 3rd replacement backplate - Good and now installed!

That does not include the other 2 backplates I have in my spares which were also the wrong side! but at least I didn't go through the rigmarole of cleaning them before finding that out!

John