Top Dead Centre

heinkeljb

Re: Top Dead Centre

Post by heinkeljb »

Gary,

I managed to get a picture of my coil which had some writing on it. Stuck that into Google and came up with this:

http://www.classic-car-accessories.co.u ... COILS.html

That coil seems to work fine on my engine. (COL201)

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks John - I went for a Bosch GT40 which I have used before on various older vehicles. It is a generic 12v coil that does not need a resistor - it would seem to be very similar to the coil you mentioned. That coil is not available here in the run of the mill auto shops but I did find it in some of the aussie supplier of old english parts. I have taken note of the numbers and put them in my workshop manual.

I now have a new coil for the current electronic ignition arrangement I have, a really good dizzy with new unfitted rotor and points, the Bosch coil so hopefully can be fitted up this week. The Haffie has been away for three weeks and I am starting to miss it.

Oh - for the Aussies -I can thoroughly recommend Tony Hrelja in Melbourne for parts. I have never used him before and he was most helpful over the phone and had the bits off to me in short order not even waiting for the cheque to clear. He is getting on a bit older and has some current health problems including a visit to hospital but he was still able to get my stuff off. Good onya Tony.

Thanks

Garry
Last edited by AustHaflinger on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Glad to hear you now have some other bits to try.

Maybe a combination of all these new parts will solve your running problems.

Lets hope so.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

I can second that regarding Tony Hrelja , he is very knowledgeable regarding parts and repairs ,also he just sends me the parts with the bill enclosed.Top Bloke.

Dave