haflinger service parts part numbers? compression?

David bullock

haflinger service parts part numbers? compression?

Post by David bullock »

hey guys im new to the haflinger world, just purchased a late model haflinger in western sydney, it has a spin on style oil filter, was hoping somone knew the part number of it? i work at a automotive spare parts joint so i should be able to cross-refrence most numbers, also condenser and points numbers?

I purchased this beast with the thought that the motor was shot, but it has 135/125 psi on the cylinders, but fouls the plugs, put new leeds n plugs in but they get black preety quick, if i knew the correct compression it should help me figure out if i have a valve or ring issue? any help would be appreciated.
cheers, dave.
AustHaflinger

Re: haflinger service parts part numbers? compression?

Post by AustHaflinger »

I would say your compression was OK - when I got my Haffie it had 115/120psi and ran well and when I rebuilt the engine with a higher compression ratio I had 150psi (currently 150/60 but that is another story). So I think yours is OK.

Tappets close up so set them at .2mm cold (I now set mine at .25mm and all is OK) but they quickly close up.

Plugs do tend to be black but when warm and off chock do not soot up. Get your carby set up with cleaned out jets and idle mixture set, new points and condensor - what is your coil like?? What is spark like? Should be bright and strong. I have a Bosch GT 40 coil (no resistor) fitted and works well and available at any spare parts seller. If the plugs still soot up try one stage hotter.

Also put your location in your profile so it appears to all use use the forum - we have a world wide audience and it helps to understand where people live.

Welcome.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
David bullock

Post by David bullock »

yea i put b5hs ngk plugs in her instead of the b7hs, she has a healthy blue spark, was hoping someone on hear knew the aftermarket part number for the points and conderser so i could replace them just to be safe, so garry how did you go finding the parts for the top end?
cheers, dave.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

When the Brits wake up there should be someone along with the part numbers - I have a Pertronix electronic ignition module in mine so I don't have to worry about such things any more.

I haven't needed top end parts but if I need anything I get them from Haflinger Technic in Scotland - service is good, prices are good and they sort of speak English :lol:

My old points do not have a number on them but the Bosch book held by spare parts shops has real size drawings of them and you should be able to match the points if you take your old one in.

The same applies with the condenser - however mine has the Bosch number 237 330 116 816 on it and when I went through the Bosch book I found a couple of condensers that looked exactly the same but the numbers did not match with the above one - close but not the same.

Hmm Mount Lagoon - that is a bit out in the sticks - you got electricity and running out there :lol: You must have been near the fires over the past few years.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
David bullock

Post by David bullock »

yea the fires went through my backyard last year, wast to bad, just pissed off the koalas. but i do have power and a phone that works about 50%of the time,
its funny i had a customer with a haffy, i use to run and hide when he came into my parts store,
as the story goes he use to own a bearing company who where the importer of the haflingers? poor bugger died the outher year 90 somthing years old, but still drove his haffy right till the end. but now i feel his pain trying to find bits for the old girl. but its a good chalenge. thanx for the reply.
cheers, dave
kerry460

Post by kerry460 »

G,,day
oil filter is ryco Z82 or equivalent

spark plugs , Bosch W5AC

kerry

points , Echlin CS313 , i think they also fit an early Torana .
ex Tasmanian Haflinger agent .
1984 G Wagen 300GD auto
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Welcome Dave,

Looks like Kerry beat me too it. The spin on oil filter Fram: CA641PL, or MANN 712.

Apparently Bosch Australia - GB813 for points. and GB735 for the condensor.

So as you can see, there are equivalents all over the place, just a question of finding one you can get hold of.

As for your engine issues, sounds like you carb need to be taken apart and cleaned. Probably new jets wouldn't go amiss. Which Carb is it?
It you think of what water did in the grand canyon, fuel flowing through brass for years at high speed, could well have changed their shape and be providing more fuel that needed.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

GB813 comes up as a condensor ??