West Australian haf registration

Adam

West Australian haf registration

Post by Adam »

I have a feeling this may be the hardest chapter of my haf restoration!! Making it legal for me to drive the haf on roads!! Firstly does anyone know any corrupt car licensing businesses that I could bribe???
I know my haf has been registered before and have been told if I can find any proof of this it will make re registering easier? I still haven’t got any seatbelts which I will sort( any ideas on where to find some that fit?), but all lights, brakes etc in good working order. Have read old posts regarding people having great difficulty getting their vehicle registered, any advice would be much appreciated!
AustHaflinger

Re: West Australian haf registration

Post by AustHaflinger »

If the vehicle is pre 1970 it probably was not fitted with them from new but to save arguments it it best to have them fitted - the simplest is to buy a set of lap belts from ebay or Repco. Lap sash, though preferred, but will need a roll over bar fabricated for them to be fitted - easier to go lap and change later if needed.

Do you have any previous registration information - if in another State then documents will be needed - if in WA the information should still be in the system, engine and chassis numbers should do it.

The main issue in getting a Haflinger registered is that many people think they were never registrable and are reluctant to do it now. Also remember, the ADRs that apply are those that applied when the vehicle was built - not the current ADRs - do you have a compliance plate on the vehicle - post 72 should have one.

For a Haflinger - lights, horn, wipers, indicators, tyres, brakes, suspension and all the other usuals are all that should be required.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Rego was in NT and QLD I think??
1969 model, have vin and engine numbers.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

AustHaflinger wrote:For a Haflinger - lights, horn, wipers, indicators, tyres, brakes, suspension and all the other usuals are all that should be required.

Garry
Back in my yoof I well remember my father's Haflinger failing an MOT for poor wiper blades. I removed the windscreen and re-presented it and they had to pass it :D
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Adam

Post by Adam »

I’ll keep that in mind, cheers Julian
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

If you have a hoop behind the driver of the sort in the picture below then you can have a standard modern retractable seat belt.
C47B893E-75FA-4868-AC7F-9F678926D459.jpeg
John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

Adam

Do you have any old photos of the Haf perhaps showing the previous rego number?

Good luck

John
Adam

Post by Adam »

No I don’t. That’s what I’m trying to source through a previous owner. Will keep you posted.