Distributor pin removal

Rodger

Distributor pin removal

Post by Rodger »

Hello All

I need to take my distributor apart. I have never seen a pin like this on a distributor before.
Hopefully the photo is attached.
Can anyone advise?

thank you
Rodger
Attachments
Resize of IMGP4280.JPG
Resize of IMGP4280.JPG (127.64 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
walderse

Re: Distributor pin removal

Post by walderse »

Rodger,
I have seen both solid cross pins and roll pins used on Bosch distributors in the past but cannot recall seeing anything like a two piece pin. According to the parts manual, the pin a 3mm x 18mm single piece dowel. It is part number 900.4809.

Since you need to remove the gear regardless, I would suggest drifting the pin out in usual fashion. Does the inner pin exposed face appear to be the same on other sides? If not, that would suggest the inner pin would be a tapered one and you would obviously want to place the punch against the narrower end.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

The other side looks normal.
thank you

Rodger
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Rodger,

Did you manage to get your distributor apart in the end? If so, what did you do? Knock the smaller central pin out, then the larger one? Or did you knock both out together?

Would be nice to know.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!