minimum is too low!

maxhafli

minimum is too low!

Post by maxhafli »

In the little way I did after testing, I saw that the Haflinger turns off when I stop, the minimum is too low, I tried to adjust it, but the result was not the best!

When you get up in low, goes high for a few seconds, but then goes off again, some one help me to return the carburetor in good condition?
heinkeljb

Re: minimum is too low!

Post by heinkeljb »

The first thing I would do is take the Carburetor off the Haflinger and then clean it. There are LOTS of jets which can get blocked.

When you put it back on, there is a section in the users operating instructions on how to set up the carburetor.

Quote:

For slow running adjustment proceed as follows:_

a) Warm up engine and switch off.
b) Close mixture control screw (the two at the bottom of the Carburetor) and open 1/2 turn. It is important to have the same setting for BOTH mixture control screws.
c: Start engine,
d) Adjust throttle stop screw (on linkage with ball joint to accelerator pedal) until engine runs just above idling speed.
e) Turn both mixture control screws either way to find position giving HIGHEST engine speed (turn both screws the same amount).
f) Turn back throttle stop screw until correct engine idle speed is achieved. (approximately 700RPM).

I would go for somewhere nearer 900RPM but it doesn't matter really as what you want to do is d) e) & f) several times until you get a nice sound on idle (tick over) that you can live with.

Too slow and the engine will die, too fast and the engine will race and will not sound nice.

Hope this helps,

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

Thanks John, this afternoon I try the settings as per your instructions! ;)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I hope it goes well. :)

It does sound like you have some dirt in one of the jets that's why I say to take the carb off and clean it.

I had to do mine when it would only work with the choke cable being pulled out in the cab. It still is not right, but I know I need some new parts for mine.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!