Boottom engine panel ?

Vampyr

Boottom engine panel ?

Post by Vampyr »

Hi, Can anyone post a photo of the panel beneath the engine, I can only find vague glimpse of what it looks like. thanks Danny
AustHaflinger

Re: Boottom engine panel ?

Post by AustHaflinger »

Sorry Danny - I do not have any pics of the three panels under my engine - there is one on either side and one at the rear. My car has its bash plate still in place so I would need to remove it to get picks.

However looking through my catalogue of pics I have this of a haffie in a museum - not my pic and not sure who took it.

Not clear but does show the three panels - note the one one the left is not the same as mine - mine goes all the way across - the panels are screwed on in some spots but are mainly held in place by the rubbers (not clear but I believe you can see them in the parts manual.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I'll see if i can find the rear most panel, as I know i have a spare one of those. As for the other two. i'll look but I am not sure. The only real problem is it dark when I get home from work in the evening now and i have to go and look in a cold, dark shed at the bottom of the garden....

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Thanks Gary and John, have now gone through my haflinger CD and have realised that it is the rear most panel. I have all the other tin work. A photo would be much appreciated John. I think I saw one on ebay from Robert Prokschi. Will go back and have a look. Many thanks Danny
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Here are some pics of the panel taken from the rear rather than underneath - might help

Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Danny,

This what you were thinking of:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEYR-PUCH-HA ... 23441dca79

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Yes that's the one John, Thanks for the photo's Gary, Seeing the rear mounts for the engine bash plate was also very helpful. I was wondering what those were as I am still sorting through a range of bits and pieces. Thanks for all the help Guys. Regards Danny