WW2 Trucks and a Haflinger

AustHaflinger

WW2 Trucks and a Haflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I have a mate who lives on the NSW coast and he is into military vehicles. He has a number of trucks, jeeps and a Landrover FC101 like I have. In the past he has owned ex military haflingers including the Haflinger used in the documentary "Call of the Wild". He owned it prior to the haffie being used in the doco set up on Cape York - a very remote area of Aust. He also previously owned Russells Haflinger that is listed on the Aussie Haflinger site.

Here is a vid of play on my mates property at the weekend. Some 6x6 vid of Macks and Studebaker but a lot of vid from about 5 min 40 and then off and on to the end of a Haflinger - not sure what engine it has.

EDIT: It is a Toyota 700cc engine. Toyota made a air cooled 700 to 800cc horizontally opposed motor for the Toyota 700 in the early 1960s. A simple adaptor plate is used, bolts in well, but is longer as the cooling fan sits on the end of the motor instead of on top of it. Toyota still have full backing of parts for its motor in Aust and it has more torque than the standard Puch motor.
Sounds and drives like the standard Puch motor.

The haffie didn't have Kreeper gear working and rear diff lock was hard to engage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9AGmiZ ... e=youtu.be

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
AustHaflinger

Re: WW2 Trucks and a Haflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)