Wanted Exhaust System for 74 Haflinger.

The only place where products and services from commercial vendors are to be posted.
RVQLD

Wanted Exhaust System for 74 Haflinger.

Post by RVQLD »

Wanted. Complete Exhaust from Manifold to Tail Pipe for 74 Haflinger. Can anyone assist?
AustHaflinger

Re: Wanted Exhaust System for 74 Haflinger.

Post by AustHaflinger »

Hi and welcome to the forum - I take it that from your id that you are in Queensland Aust.

Please put your town and country in your profile as we have people all over the world on here - also we a friendly bunch so please sign off with your first name - is more friendly than RVQLD ;)

As far as getting an exhaust goes - the Austrian or Scottish sellers may be able to assist - even Tony Herelja in Melbourne may be able to assist with some bits. That said there are quite a few aussie guys on here who might be able to help from their parts stash.

Good luck with it.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Welcome to the forum, Tony in Melbourne is a good place to start, he may have the exhaust manifolds, I bought my muffler off ebay de, delivered to Sydney for a total of $188, NOS swiss army. You can easily get an exhaust company to do the connections. You'll need to shop around and wait if do don't want to pay some of the heavy prices wanted out of Europe. Tony will have the gaskets as well. I got mine off him. Danny
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Welcome,

I suppose it depends on whether you want a completely original type exhaust system or if you are prepared to make modifications to the system depending on the bits you can get.

All original bit will be expensive and time consuming to source and ship. Getting major bits like manifolds and silencer and then getting local company to make the joining bit will quicker and probably cheaper.

John

P.S. this should have been in the wanted section unless you plan on making and selling exhaust systems.
Last edited by heinkeljb on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
RVQLD

Post by RVQLD »

Thanks Gents for your quick responses.
I will give Tony a Call in Melbourne re Exhaust.
I have owned my Haffi since 83 but it has not been used since mid 90's, hence in need of some work.
We have got it running again over the last week or so and now on a mission to tidy it up and re-register it.
We are Gold Coast based.
Cheers Roger V.