Interesting "folding" trailer on eBay UK

Ebay, Gumtree etc.
Julian B

Interesting "folding" trailer on eBay UK

Post by Julian B »

Never seen this trailer before - there is a photo of it both folded and operational

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steyr-puch-h ... 1438.l2649
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Re: Interesting "folding" trailer on eBay UK

Post by heinkeljb »

As you say, not seen that before, but given that it is supposedly a paratrooper version it might only have been produced for show - not many Haflingers were ever parachuted anywhere!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey John,
I think the trailer is not part of a "Haffie/trailer" package that went out the back of an aircraft, it just went out on its own with the troops. It was then used by the troops who pushed it by hand around the drop zone gathering up all of the kit which generally is spread in every direction of the compass especially on a windy day.It is a parachute trailer but with no connection to a Haffie other than being towed behind a Haffie on the owners farm.
Regards Rick.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Rick,

I think you are right. A closer look at the hitch end shows the 50mm ball hitch as being new'ish and a bar which looks like it was designed so two people could stand either side and drag or push it. Bit difficult to tell if the hitch part folds or not but it has a ring which would have been a more "original" hitch.
Also the wheel bearings look very "low speed" i.e. not really design for road use.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!