AustHaflinger

Re: Haffy on Ebay UK

Post by AustHaflinger »

Didn't sell.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Wonder what they put the reserve at? Top bid of over £5000 and didn't reach the reserve. Haf's in the UK don't seem to sell for the same prices as they do in the rest of Europe.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
gren_t

Post by gren_t »

I have an alert set up for Ebay and when I saw the new listing I mailed the seller asking for more details on the vehicle but got no reply. :roll:
I found the YoM from the Gov tax checker site.

I bid up to £5,150. and got outbid, I would have gone higher however I was dubious about the listing as it had scant details and there was no reply from my request for more details.
when the auction ended I contacted the seller to inquire about the reserve and got a reply of £9000, no preamble just a reply of £9k

So .. no doors, no rear seats, No tilt, etc and very scant details on the Ebay listing, I did think it was a scam listing at 1st especially with the inquiry email ignored however it does look in remarkably good nick, just a rude or uncaring seller. :?:

what would be the average price for a Haffy in Europe?

Regards all, the search goes on
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

It did look very nice - but then anything with a fresh coat of olive drab can look nice in photos. The advert read very strangely - if you want upwards of GBP 9,000 for anything then surely it is in your interest to at least give basic details (year certainly, no of gears perhaps, mileage maybe).

My view is that it was worth perhaps GBP 5,500 ono, but GBP 9,000 is pushing it...
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

gren_t wrote:I found the YoM from the Gov tax checker site.
According to the tax checker it was manufactured in 1962. According to the MOT checker it was registered in 2015. Both are possible, but neither the fuel tank position nor shape is what I would expect from a 1962 Haf, nor are the (missing) side indicator repeater indentations. The windscreen squirter button & nozzle could have been retrofitted.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |