Special engine for sale German Ebay classified Ad

Ebay, Gumtree etc.
heinkeljb

Special engine for sale German Ebay classified Ad

Post by heinkeljb »

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 5hSwSkK6GE

I know nothing other than having seen the Ad.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Special engine for sale German Ebay classified Ad

Post by AustHaflinger »

Other than having twin carbs I wonder what else is special. The twin carb arrangement without long inlet manifolds might be good for cars but with short inlets, torque will be less (all things being equal) but actual power maybe higher. I wonder what all those big pipes are around the area of the oil filter?

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Special engine for sale German Ebay classified Ad

Post by heinkeljb »

It appears to be the standard crank cases, bored to take VW barrels and pistons to give the 1.1 litre capacity. Possibly Beetle after market carbs and inlet pipes. The oil pump looks like it has been uprated and plumbed in slightly differently.

If the power quoted is accurate, then it is producing 50 odd HP which puts it on par with modern engines.

I think I would prefer the 4 cylinder version that they made.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!