Origin of the Puch logo

Off topic
Julian B

Origin of the Puch logo

Post by Julian B »

The origin of the Steyr logo is fairly obvious (a gun target), but does anyone know what the is the history behind the green & white Puch logo is? There is nothing about it in the english language wikipedia page, but it might be interesting (to some :oops: ) to learn more ...
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
ogdenenterprise

Re: Origin of the Puch logo

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi everyone, another question about the logo I noticed that on the PUCH emblem there a different shaped shields some are pointed at the bottom some are rounded, anyone know why there are different.

Dave
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

I am also assuming that the Green and White colours as well as the shape of the shield are there to represent the backgrounds and shape of the Crest granted in 1959 (1930?) for Steyr.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

ogdenenterprise wrote:Hi everyone, another question about the logo I noticed that on the PUCH emblem there a different shaped shields some are pointed at the bottom some are rounded, anyone know why there are different.
I don't know why the logo changed, but it changed some time after 1962, as my Haf has a different badge shape to later models. Not sure of the exact year of the change.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |