Sydney, Canberra region Treffen

Off topic
Vampyr

Re: Sydney, Canberra region Treffen

Post by Vampyr »

Yes , I'll have to do something about those mirrors, the wheels are fiat pop 14inch with maxxis tyres.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Vampyr wrote:
IMG_0424.JPG
Well that looks pretty butch ;)

Take no notice of those people who don't like a bit of chrome :lol:

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey Danny,
A really nice looking vehicle. Well done that man !!!!!!! A coat of Olive Drab will fix the chrome mirrors.
I thought I was pretty well over the Green Machine but when I saw your cammo roof I started to go a bit gooey. Am into hunting as well but am very restricted here as opposed to when I lived in the NT.I am currently chasing a set of 13 or 14 inch wheels for mine and will have a look at some from The Italian Job when I am down there in March/April. Bringing a set home in the new motor home hasn't been a popular suggestion with the Leader of the Opposition, but if I stack them in the shower it will only mean we can sit down while we are having a tub and the wheels will be clean by the time we get home.
Regards rick.
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Rick, there are a lot of wheels with a 98 pcd. I got mine at a wrecker, the 14'' and 16''mags. The 14'' are straight off a fiat pop. heaps around the place. danny
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Alfa Romeo 13" wheels also fit - they come up on ebay a lot - my set was of 4 was $80 the lot but I had to drive to Sydney to get them so fuel there and back was another $80.

Look for Haffie rims obviously, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Nikki rims - all have the same PCD. Nikki and Haflinger are 12" and the occasional Fiat but rare, other Fiat and Alfa are 13", Alfa, Fiat and Lancia are in 14" - if you are going to go offroad dont go bigger that 14" but for onroad you could go 15" Fiat if you go a low profile tyre.

I could have got Nikki 12" rims for $30 each but was not really cost effective to go an get them as I also had a full set of haffie rims.

I have Fiat 14" with Hankook 185R14 Mud and Snow tyres and these seem to be a good fit. No touching and improve cruising speed but knock hill speed a little.

Not sure what else that fits that is also available here is Aust.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Great looking Haflinger, Danny. I had a double-take thinking it was a Pinzgauer with those giant wheels.
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Thanks Rick, wanted 13'' but they work fine and give me the extra height, I have 12'' with semperit's but their more for show and tell. Just fitted new shocks, from pedders a VW sports very happy.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hopefully it will join the other Haflingers on a treffen before long! Get it up and running and before you know it, people from all over the world will be taking part! Well, certainly from all over Oz!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey Danny,
I have got a set of Lancia 14 inch rims for mine and will sort out some tyres this week. What size rim did you fit off the Pop, a 14 inch or a 15 inch and what size tyre did you fit in the Maxii. My original Haffie wheels with the original tyres on them are 590 mm in diameter. I plan to fit tyres which will give me a bigger diameter wheel to pick up a bit more top speed, but I am not sure as to how big I can go without rubbing problems. I think I can go to about 640 mm wheel diameter before I get into trouble. If I have your rim diameter and your tyre size I can work out your wheel diameter and try and keep around that size.
Regards Rick.
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

Vampyr wrote:I'll post a photo,
Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG