Putting Harold to bed

Off topic
mechanical horse

Putting Harold to bed

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey All
Am putting the Haffie to bed for about 12 months because the rolling chassis is complete except for a set of 13 inch wheels. Will start on the platform after eating and drinking far too much over Christmas.
All the best for 2017.
Regards
Rick
Attachments
IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG
Julian B

Re: Putting Harold to bed

Post by Julian B »

Wow! Looks amazing!!!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Why put it away? Finish the platform, put it together and use it! If you don't plan on taking it off-road, then winter snow is the perfect time to have four wheel drive!!!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey John,
I am putting it away to give myself some room to finish off a couple of vintage bikes and to also do the platform. The platform is in a pretty bad way and I figure it will take me 12 months to get it done before I even start on the body work, but at least when I do the platform I can drive the vehicle. I also restore aircraft for a local organization so at times I can be a bit pushed for time.
By the way, what is snow? We don't have anything like that in sunny Queensland.
Regards Rick.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Are yes - Sunny Queensland - Beautiful one day - raining the next.

A beautiful chassis - all pristine - shame it is going to look like crap after its first drive in that rainy Queensland clay and mud :shock:

A nice effort all the same - looks like a lot of effort went into that looks like it will be a top vehicle when it is all done. :)

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Wow. Looks beautiful, but so nice I probably wouldn't take it on any trails lol.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
bernard callahan

Post by bernard callahan »

Very well done by the looks of it
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Make the mechanicals good, make the platform solid, then use it!!!

Making everything to pretty and you will be loathed to take it where it was designed to go - they are not really at home on the highway... having said that mine does 800 mile round trips on main and side roads at one time at least once a year. Just takes a long time to get there and back.

John
(and Lurch)
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!