OK, this request has zero to do with Haffies...but....

Off topic
Czechsix

OK, this request has zero to do with Haffies...but....

Post by Czechsix »

it's worth a try.

Guy I know over here in the U.S. is trying to find a DVD copy of The Sullivans, Series 1, Vol 3.

The reason he's trying to find it is to help his 73 year old father find that one show that he never did see, the one that finished some story line or other. Been around fifty years, and his father still wants to see it, lol.

Anyway, I've found that there's no way to get a copy of it shipped to the U.S. due to the copyright and region restrictions, at least from a commercial seller standpoint. If there's any way one of you guys overseas would be willing to mail a copy over here, it'd certainly help an old guy out. I've found some sellers, but they need a U.K. or other address to send the DVD to, maybe someone can receive it and drop it in a package to the guy. I will, of course, send funds to cover costs.

Haflinger content: I went out to the shop and stared at the 700AP for about ten minutes. :lol:
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
AustHaflinger

Re: OK, this request has zero to do with Haffies...but....

Post by AustHaflinger »

Are we talking about the Australian Sullivan's TV Show?

If so copyright is held by the original makers - Crawford Productions in Melbourne.

Here is their website for the Sullivan's. https://crawfordsdvd.com.au/all-titles/ ... ivans.html

Maybe contact them and see what they can do for you. Personally I never watched the show so I cannot help with a copy but if you look at the link you can see that will have what you want - but you may have to buy a season rather than an individual episode.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Is this what you are looking for?

https://shop.eatonfilms.co.uk/ourshop/p ... me-03.html

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Garry - yep, that's the one.

John - yes, correct.

It looks like there might be a route for the requester to contact the Eaton Films folk directly, and possibly sort this out. I'm waiting for a response from the son. If the direct route is successful, that would be wonderful.

We shall see! I'll update as we go along.

As an aside, and an experiment, I purchased one of the small golf cart heaters that a company produces. 4000 BTU output. I ran an experiment with a Ranger 6x6 open door cab, similar to the Haflinger. Took it out for about an hour, ambient temp was -12C. Heater was working fine, and was having absolutely no effect on the passengers, lol.

In a completely enclosed cab with a bit of air gap it would likely be a bit more efficient, but here in Alaska I'm thinking I need one of the real petrol burners. I'd bet that even the factory forced air off the engine system for the Haf wouldn't be adequate.

I'm in the process of wiring up a workshop, the haffy at least is under a roof for the winter. If I can get the shop wired and insulated I'll probably add the heater project on to the to-do list, along with the doors.

Greg
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch