Virtual Help for Haflinger owners

Off topic
heinkeljb

Virtual Help for Haflinger owners

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi all,

Following on from a thread on board, it was suggested that as it is possible to do surgery by proxy over the 'net that it should be possible to do the same for working on a Haflinger.

To this end, I am willing to help (if I can) people who are working on their Haflingers.

SKYPE NAME: heinkeljb

So the way I see this working is that if you would like help, that you have a device that will run SKYPE. Probably a smart phone on wifi or a pc / laptop with a web cam. If the web cam is able to be moved to different positions around the vehicle (where ever the work is being carried out) then it would be possible to show me - or who ever is your "expert", the issue you are having as we can suggest possible remedies.

So in order for this to work there are a couple of things that need to be solved.

Major one is TIME ZONES.

It is no good some one on the other side of the world calling me up on skype if it is 3am (unless arranged beforehand!).

This is being done out of the kindness of other peoples hearts - Do not expect "experts" to drop what they are doing to immediately help you.

Language barriers might be involved. I'm only really fluent in ENGLISH, talking to me in German is going to be very difficult for both of us!

The "expert" might not be EXPERT enough for a particular problem.

So, if you would like to help out as an "Expert", setup a Skype account (you can have more than one Skype account and run them at the same time at least on a PC - I checked!), then add your Skype account to the bottom of this thread.

John

I am sure there will be teething problems, but I think it could work quite well.
Last edited by heinkeljb on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Re: Virtual Help for Haflinger owners

Post by Julian B »

Good idea, John. I'll need to get an extra wi-fi range booster to get wi-fi in my workshop, but can imagine that this could be helpful. I barely get GPRS on my phone here, so 3G's not an alternative :shock:
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |