How do you categorise a Haflinger?

Off topic
heinkeljb

How do you categorise a Haflinger?

Post by heinkeljb »

I have downloaded a few application forms for some of the local shows but am having a bit of a dilemma deciding in to which category to list Lurch!

Is he a commercial vehicle? They have categories for these.
Is he an ex-military vehicle? They have categories for these.
Is he a horticultural vehicle? They have categories for these.
Is he a car? They have categories for these split in to decades.

At the moment he is a schizophrenic and doesn't know where he belongs!

Any advice?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Re: How do you categorise a Haflinger?

Post by Julian B »

If asked, I always say that it is an "Austrian army vehicle", as that covers where it was made, and where a large number were used. That said, in reality many more were used by the Swiss army than by the Austrians, but together these two countries accounted for perhaps 45% of the total production.

PS Which local shows are you thinking of going to?
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Currently trying to get it into Adringly (6&7th July) (They say on the web site they have closed registration, but....)

Then the following:-

Michelham (20/21 July)
Ringmer (27/28 July)
Hellingley (24/25/26 Aug)
Laughton (7/8 Sept)

They are all quite local so don't have too far to drive. Next year I might try some that are further away.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Classed as a commercial vehicle here - if it was a passenger vehicle a lot more "safety features" would be required.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
woodman

Post by woodman »

heinkeljb wrote:Currently trying to get it into Adringly (6&7th July) (They say on the web site they have closed registration, but....)

Then the following:-

Michelham (20/21 July)
Ringmer (27/28 July)
Hellingley (24/25/26 Aug)
Laughton (7/8 Sept)

They are all quite local so don't have too far to drive. Next year I might try some that are further away.

John
Hi John, are you coming to The Haflinger and Pinzgauer Club UK Treffen at Eastwell Park, Kent on 13th & 14th July, also we are going on to The War & Peace Show nr Folkestone, on the Monday 15th July till Sunday the 21st July as to what classification you put your Haf in you could either enter it in Classic Cars or Commercial, we do not have a problem with our Haf as it is ex Swiss Army so it is always entered in the Military Section, Regards Pete AKA Woodman
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Pete,

Send me a PM with address to apply to and I will see what I can do about getting Lurch there. Must admit I had forgotten to look in the club magazine for things to do!

John

woodman

Post by woodman »

heinkeljb wrote:Hi Pete,

Send me a PM with address to apply to and I will see what I can do about getting Lurch there. Must admit I had forgotten to look in the club magazine for things to do!

John
Hi John for some reason this site won't let me PM you, message says something about me not posting enough ( of course could be me not pressing the right buttons !! :oops: ) so I will have to post info here, the club Treffen is at Eastwell Park, Kent you will be sent an Event Flyer nearer the time, as to the other event ( The War and Peace Revival ) all the info is on there web site, hope this helps. Best Regards Pete
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

heinkeljb wrote:... and I will see what I can do about getting Lurch there.
John, Sadly I will be away during the War & Peace show (and the Treffen), but you would be welcome to borrow my small trailer; it is a tight-ish fot for a Haflinger, but well within limits (size and weight etc). Let me know if that is of interest.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Many thanks for the offer Julian,

I hope to be able to drive Lurch there and back as I don't mind the fact it will take 2 ~ 3 hrs to get there! I shall just be like the farmers in their Tractors - don't care about the queue behind, (atleast until there is suitable lay-by) :lol:

Anybody managed two Haflingers on a trailer yet?

John

woodman

Post by woodman »

heinkeljb wrote:Many thanks for the offer Julian,

I hope to be able to drive Lurch there and back as I don't mind the fact it will take 2 ~ 3 hrs to get there! I shall just be like the farmers in their Tractors - don't care about the queue behind, (atleast until there is suitable lay-by) :lol:

Anybody managed two Haflingers on a trailer yet?

John
Hi John, it will take us 6 hrs ( on a good day ) to get there but its well worth it, yes I have seen two Hafs on a large plant trailer before, also 3 Hafs & a Pinzgauer on one trailer, of course it was an Artic Trailer :lol: hope to see you and Lurch either at The Treffen or War & Peace or even both, regards Pete