First local show for Lurch

Off topic
heinkeljb

First local show for Lurch

Post by heinkeljb »

Having spent lots of time and effort and money and lots more of all of those still to come. I haven't taken off the near side wheel hub to replace the drive shaft oil seal and collar yet.

Lurch has been booked into a local show (http://www.sussexsteamrally.co.uk/) which is about 20 miles away from where I live. I shall take enough tools and a litre of gear oil to put into the front Diff if it appears to be losing too much oil. The local drives I have been doing do not appear to have been throwing any more oil out than when I first noticed the leak. I have been coming home and then spraying the inside of the tyre with degreaser and washing it clean. That way I can tell if it suddenly shows more oil rather than just seeing a increase in the oil spray pattern.

Then the next week end he has to drive 50 odd mile to the Haflinger and Pinzgauer Club Uk's weekend Treffen and AGM in Ashford, Kent. Still have to find all the camping gear or I'll end up having to buy all new stuff. Let's hope it doesn't rain TOO MUCH on either weekend. Some rain will make it fun, but I don't really want to keep getting stuck (wellies - you fool) walking around traipsing mud everywhere.

I'll post some pictures here after next week.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: First local show for Lurch

Post by AustHaflinger »

John,

It is good to see you are getting out and about. I hope it all goes well.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I also want to get some of these:-

http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product ... -&id=17194

to put on a set of 13" wheels i have purchased. Hopefully now pay day is imminent I can get them and not wear out the expensive existing tyres! The 12" original type are £90 odd each.

Might have to end up throwing a Tarp over Lurch and a piece of string to hold it up so I can sleep on the bed. Will need to buy an air bed atleast as metal will get very cold even through a sleeping bag!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

At least you can get 12" tyres - none in Australia and I would have to import from Europe at great expense.

I can get 13" retreads locally but they are not on the same brand cases so you have to put up with a mix of cases with the same M&S treads.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
woodman

Post by woodman »

Hi John. We are also going to the Haflinger and Pinzgauer Treffen ( Well we could hardly miss it as I am the Club Secretary and my Brother is the Club Magazine Editor :lol: ) if you need a tent you can borrow our 9' x 9' Army Tent for the weekend to bed down in. Regards Pete aka woodman
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Thanks for the offer Pete,

Maybe my son will find all the bits for the tent I lent him last year! Various bits seem to be strewn all over the garage / shed / house.

I ordered some of those tyres in the link I posted, but have had to go for 155/80/13's as the web site said they didn't have any 165's left. Only to get home and have a message on the answer phone to say they only had 2 155's in stock, but that more would be available next week and they would send the other 2 then.... Moral of the story? Never trust a webs site, always phone and ask. Actually, I have been let down doing that even, but less often that when ordering from a web site.

John

woodman

Post by woodman »

Hi John, Offer still stands if you can't find all the bits for your tent. Pete