Drove Lurch to Haflinger & Pinzgauer Treffen 2013

Off topic
heinkeljb

Drove Lurch to Haflinger & Pinzgauer Treffen 2013

Post by heinkeljb »

Set off on the Friday evening, got to the campsite despite the indicators not working. Bought a new flasher unit next day before the road run, but no time to fit it before setting off with 6 other Haflingers.

During the road run the nut on the Dynastart came off. As luck would have it, just as we pulled up for lunch. After the break, we managed to put it back together well enough for it to hold on a couple of remaining threads.

At some point the silencer mounting bracket managed to break as well. Noticed that before we went off roading on the TrueGrip training site. Extra piece of wire put on it to hold it in place and off we went.

I didn't make the most of the site as the Dynastart was making strange noises but I did go for a drive in the woods which resulted in a) getting stuck, b) breaking the silencer right off! Actually only needed the tow rope and 1 man power to pull it out of the bomb hole.

At which point I chickened out of things and packed up and drive home sounding like a MACK truck!

I would rather break down in daylight than at night with no hazard lights!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
cascade.king

Re: Drove Lurch to Haflinger & Pinzgauer Treffen 2013

Post by cascade.king »

So.. To pull the wheel and suspension components, or 20 inches of extension for those pesky nuts?!?

Have fun!
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I think I shall be lucky and not have to delve that deep. I have the heat exchanger system on my LWB and it is only the silencer which has parted company. This the flat oval one that sits under the engine and obviously still gets in the way even though it is supposed to be tucked up above the lower point under the Haflinger.

Obviously not helped by the fact mine is obviously some after market replacement one as it only vaguely looks like the picture in the book.

Have you managed to fix yours yet? Hope it won't be a pain trying to get the bolts back in again.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

The joys of Haffie driving :lol:
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)