Notice; Stowaways will be Shot!

Off topic
cascade.king

Notice; Stowaways will be Shot!

Post by cascade.king »

Sunflower seeds are difficult to gauge the age of, but it appears my Hafi has been a storehouse and apartment not too long ago.
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.21 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
The insane amount of mud, thick as mortar, packed into the cooling fins and engine tin is telling me that this thing has been "rode hard and put away wet" more than a few times..
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
Rick K

Re: Notice; Stowaways will be Shot!

Post by Rick K »

I like the thought of cleaning out sunflower seeds better that possum faeces! I bought a 'working' Haflinger off eBay only to find possums had made a nest in the engine. The attached pics shows what remained after a thorough vacuuming. As you can see the urea has a great corrosive effect.

Cheers

Rick

PS. The eBay seller kept the possums
Attachments
Possum poo in cooling fins
Possum poo in cooling fins
DSC00686.jpg (133.29 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
heinkeljb

Re: Notice; Stowaways will be Shot!

Post by heinkeljb »

Haflingers seem to like attracting small animals. Mine had some small rodent living in the engine bay that ate through the insulation on one of the HT leads. Took me a while to find that hidden behind the pulley wheel.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!