Road Springs

sibrysmi

Road Springs

Post by sibrysmi »

Having had the Haflinger in bits for over a year I have now found that the front and rear springs are different!
I should have made note when I took it apart.
Is there a way of telling which are front and which are rear?
Two are 3/4 of an inch longer.
Simon
AustHaflinger

Re: Road Springs

Post by AustHaflinger »

I understand that as standard the springs are the same front and rear - however my Haflinger did have longer and heavier springs on the rear but it was for a period of time a gold prospectors vehicle and carried a lot of heavy gear. I have since bought two standard springs from Haflinger Technik to replace the heavy duty ones on the rear of my Haflinger as it no longer needs to carry heavy loads.

So I would say that if you have two longer springs they were for the rear to carry heavier weight in the rear.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Road Springs

Post by heinkeljb »

or they are for the front like the Municipal variations, which had heavy things liek snow plough blades or raod sweepng brushed put on the front.
http://www.steyrpuch.at/kommunalhaflinger.htm

Something along these lines would have had the heavier duty springs. Without he extra load they will make the Haflinger ride very "bouncy".

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!