Sydney meet and greet.

Vampyr

Sydney meet and greet.

Post by Vampyr »

Hi all, just following up on some comments made in previous posts about having a meeting of Haffy owners in the area and then discussing a treffen. It would be pleasant to meet other owners, see their vehicles ,(if they want to bring them). I know Gary and myself are keen, I'm thinking somewhere just off one of the major freeways as to provide ease of movement. Any suggestions of places to meet would be great, maybe somewhere we can have a meal and a drink. I'm thinking sometime in mid April. Danny
AustHaflinger

Re: Sydney meet and greet.

Post by AustHaflinger »

I am flexible on where but somewhere with a carpark and some parkland picnic areas would be great. Sorry as I to not come from the arae I am not sure but somewhere like Lane Cove National Park or the National Park are options - not sure what is further west - Parramatta River reserve or even further west on the Nepean River.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey Danny,
We will probably be on our way home to the Land of Bananas from Victoria at or around that time so a slight detour to the East is not a concern for us. We wouldn't know until some days prior if we could get there but all things being nearly equal you can count me in. I have just been reminded by the Leader of the Opposition, that the middle of April is Easter, and does that cause a concern, other than having to buy everyone an Easter egg.
Regards Rick.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Not wishing to upset your careful planning, shouldn't this post be under "Haflinger" rather than "Gearbox and Driveline"?

It's a mini treffen in th making already, all you have to do is take your Haf's along too!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

I would vote Lane Cove National Park, being in my back yard and is just off the M7 and M2 so easy to get to. Not sure if my baby will be running by then, but not far off. Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Lane Cove National park sounds ok, is there room for vehicles with trailers Rick