Gear Box Jig

ogdenenterprise

Gear Box Jig

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi, My apologies if you have already seen these photos on the yahoo Haflinger -Alive site,but I thought they may be use full to those that have not seen them if you plan to do a gearbox rebuild. This is a simple jig I made to set the selectors on the main shafts, I used the small piece with the holes which is bolted to the jig as a template to mark the holes for the main jig.

Dave
Attachments
jig4.jpg
jig4.jpg (190.95 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
jig3.jpg
jig3.jpg (69.41 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
jig2.jpg
jig2.jpg (205.93 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
jig1.jpg
jig1.jpg (203.86 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
jig.jpg
jig.jpg (205.74 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
heinkeljb

Re: Gear Box Jig

Post by heinkeljb »

Very nice. I had seen this on the Yahoo site, but as you say new people might only find this site.

I have to ask, why do we need to use a jig to set the gearbox up? I thought this vehicle was designed for use by the army - for whom most things have to be simple. Having to use a jig is not simple! Especially if you don't have the jig.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Jmac

Re: Gear Box Jig

Post by Jmac »

Hi John,
Just noticed your question.
The jig is used for setting the position of the gear selector forks.
If you have to do some transmission work, simply disassemble without disturbing the setting of the forks on their shaft and you will be able to reassemble everything without needing the jig.
Cheers,
Sandy