Anyone have a Swiss military wiring schematic for a 700AP?

Czechsix

Anyone have a Swiss military wiring schematic for a 700AP?

Post by Czechsix »

1963 truck.

I've seen the Swiss schematic that you have, Jim. Plus a couple of other Swiss schematics out there - and on none of them (at least that I can see...please correct me if I'm in error) is there any reference to the filters/capacitor/resistor/connections for that bank of crap that's on the passenger side in the engine bay, back near the rear engine access hatch. Likewise the filter/cap or resistor that feeds into the ballast resistor.

Or were these only found on radio trucks?

:?
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
heinkeljb

Re: Anyone have a Swiss military wiring schematic for a 700A

Post by heinkeljb »

I wonder if you can see this?

http://pinzforum.kiruna.de/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9787

A thread regarding the strip and rebuild of one similar to yours. There are a couple of posts in it dealing with the electrical "extras" which apparently add in a resistor and such like you describe.

You might have to join in order to be able to see it.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Thanks John, I haven't seen that thread in my search. I can access it no worries, might join that forum also, looks like some good information. When I load it into the Chrome browser I get an automatic translation, my german is too rusty to be of much use.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

The bit you are looking for I think is half way down this page:-

http://pinzforum.kiruna.de/viewtopic.ph ... &start=100

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Looking at it right now, I joined that forum already. The guy that's doing that rebuild is amazing.

Anyway, yes, those pictures help quite a bit. I still haven't found anyone that has an actual Swiss schematic that shows the filters/caps/resistors in the circuit plan.

There is one thread I'm looking at right now, where it looks like someone else has been looking for a Swiss schematic, and another member posted this link http://www.dmkf.dk/Filer_manualer/CH-TA ... %204x4.pdf

So far, however, I've been unable to download that pdf. What I have seen of it, it looks like the manual for the Austrian truck instead.

ETA: Finally got the download for the pdf, after 22 tries. It has the filters listed!

My initial idea here was to swap out the unobtainium Swiss ignition, regulator, etc parts and convert to a civilian system. I'm pretty close to having that done, there are a few things I'm questioning though. Having that Swiss circuit schematic would be a huge help.

Thanks for pointing me towards that forum, John!
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Because that was such a brute to download, I'm going to upload that manual to this site. I'll update this with a link when I get it done.

ETA: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3443
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

That guy is doing his restoration with the help of two other Haflinger "experts" and obviously money does not come into the equation. Also man hours are not a problem either.
It also helps to have a nice big warm workshop with all the kit....

John

Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Yah, I read through that thread. Still going along quite fast. He's still taking some shortcuts, but I guess he's trying to get it to some treffen for an unveiling. I'll be long dead before I get anywhere near what he's done with his project, lol. No worries, hopefully the next owner will also be on this forum :D
Goatwerks

Post by Goatwerks »

If you want to stop by, I have a converted unit you can see.
Only took about an hour to convert.
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Thanks Jim, I might just do that!

Is it a full conversion? All the filters are gone, ballast resistor no longer there, civvy dissy cap, regular Bosch regulator, etc?
Goatwerks

Post by Goatwerks »

It is a full regulator conversion, all you re use is the mounting bracket. Takes about an hour to do the whole conversion :)
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Is it that one that you took photos of in the Swiss regulator meltdown thread?

About the only difference between the project here, and the one you did is that I'm also doing a civvy Bosch coil, and civvy conversion cap for the distributor. If I can clean up that stock ballast resistor decently enough, I might use that too. If not, might just see what the value is on it, and look for an easily replaceable civilian ballast resistor...maybe vw? I'm also rewiring the engine compartment wires...the old ones are nasty as hell, broken in many places too. Also replacing a few of the grounding straps with new straps. Once that's done the engine will go back in, and I'll weld up the exhaust.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

So where are the pictures of this engine compartment? Depending on the coil you use, you may not need a ballast resistor.

John

Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

I'll upload a few. The bosch coil I'm putting in reads right at 3.7 Ohm resistance, which should be fine for the pertronix. Thinking about this...that resistor that's stock functions as a ballast, but it's also bypassed while starting, runs off a separate relay next to the starter solenoid. At least that's the way I read it.

But then again the coil has the resistor built in as a ballast...so next to figure out routing for the white and green wires.

I hate electrical stuff and I need more coffee. :D