Engine earth straps

mechanical horse

Engine earth straps

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey everyone, I am nearing the end of my Haffy rebuild and have a problem with the 2 earth straps in the engine compartment. One of them goes from the dynastart to the bulk head behind the engine but where does the other one go. I sort of have a memory that it goes from the dyna start to a stud that hold the carby on, but I cant see that this would be right. Any suggestions. Regards Rick.
heinkeljb

Re: Engine earth straps

Post by heinkeljb »

One of the earth straps goes from the Dynastart body to to a tag just where the ignition coil is. The other one should go to a ground point on the engine / gearbox casing, so if you can put it to a Carb mounting nut, that would work. You could also put it to the mounting point for the governor rod cover or even the top engine mounting bolt. Basically, you need a good earth for both the Dynastart to draw current through and for the power generation back to the battery and the ancillary electrical items.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!