Notek light

Rabbit 16v

Notek light

Post by Rabbit 16v »

So, I recently got a Notek light for one of my Haffies. I initially thought it took place of the tail light on the drivers side. However, looking at the wiring schematic, it seems there is more to this. There is a special switch for the ignition that is different than mine (same as pinz?) and it shows the normal tail light on both sides PLUS the Notek. I have searched for pics to see where its supposed to be installed and cant find anything on it. Anyone happen to know?
63 Serie 1 SWB
72 Serie 2 LWB
63 Serie 1 SWB
bunch of other randoms
Rabbit 16v

Re: Notek light

Post by Rabbit 16v »

I finally found something. TDC had a small image of a very early MKI that has the different tail lights. So, it seems this is a completely separate light not to be used in conjunction with normal operation. So now, the question is, what is the light switch/ign switch like?
Attachments
notek.rtf
(216.01 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
63 Serie 1 SWB
72 Serie 2 LWB
63 Serie 1 SWB
bunch of other randoms
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Is this Haflinger ex military? If not do you need one of these? If it is military are you going to put the equivalent on the front. I cannot speak for Haflingers but my ex Military landrover has a six position switch that covers all light combinations from normal lights to blackout lighting.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Rabbit 16v

Post by Rabbit 16v »

Thanks Garry. Yes, this Haflinger in question is ex military. Swiss to be specific. I know it did not come with this light or the switch when new, but thought it was a neat add on. I already have the front light as it was equipped with this from new. It has a one position switch that turns on the front light and the tail lights. from looking at the wiring diagram, it appears there is a different switch for vehicles equipped with the Notek rear light.
63 Serie 1 SWB
72 Serie 2 LWB
63 Serie 1 SWB
bunch of other randoms