wiring harness

ogdenenterprise

wiring harness

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi, as stated in my first post I am rebuilding a Lwb haffy , I have made a new wiring harness as the old one was in a bad state of repair, I have taken lots of photos of the rebuild ,including the engine bay wiring harness . the vehicle has a suppression type harness and parts as shown on page 9.10/0 of the 1970 parts book. I presume this is like the military spec haflingers. I can see from my photos there is a 4mm red wire from the suppressor to the stater solenoid but connected to the same terminal at the starter solenoid end there is another red wire , it is over 18 months since I removed the original harness and yes you have guessed it I can,t remember or see where the other red wire goes.
I have several wiring diagrams but not one of the suppression type harness, can anybody help with a copy of the wiring harness.
regards Dave
heinkeljb

Re: wiring harness

Post by heinkeljb »

I would hazard a guess that the other end of you "spare" red wire goes to the starter switch. The suppressor should have an earth = probably the case which is connected to the bodywork.

John
p.s. Also possible it goes to 51 on the regulator via a fuse.
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

I have spoken to Dale at Haflinger Tecknik and he has checked one of his Haflingers and the wire connects to the small rectangular relay , terminal marked 30/51. between the starter solenoid and fuel filter .
Dave.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

So what does the small relay do? I wonder if it is an added thing?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!