AM (FM?) Radio installed?

cascade.king

AM (FM?) Radio installed?

Post by cascade.king »

While falling down the rabbit hole that is Google image search, I saw the dash panel of a LHD Haflinger that appeared to have a 1960-1970s radio in it..

Now, naturally, I can't find the damn pic.. Ug.

Does the charging system put out enough juice to power all required functions AND an old skool radio too? Those things are not super efficient in their power consumption.

Looked kinda cool. I wouldn't mind installing a vintage Blaupunkt Frankfurt... I might even have one I'm a box somewhere from my old VW days..
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
heinkeljb

Re: AM (FM?) Radio installed?

Post by heinkeljb »

2 x headlights = 70 watts
2 x rear lights = 42 watts
2 x parking lights = 10 watts
1 x ignition system ~ = 50 watts
Total = 180 watts

Occasional use items
indicators
windscreen wipers
horn
brake lights

When these are on, they would take up most of what's left of the 240 watts the Dynastart puts out.

So the charging system is marginal at best. If you add a radio it will work perfectly well (if you can hear it!), but you will have to charge up the battery every once in a while to replace the energy used but not put back by the charging system.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!