Heating Air

AustHaflinger

Heating Air

Post by AustHaflinger »

When the heating system is installed in a Haffie that brings hot air forward from the engine/exhaust to the cabin, where does the pipe work enter the driver area when a tropical air intake is fitted?

Thanks

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
pathfinder700ap

Re: Heating Air

Post by pathfinder700ap »

Hello Garry,

I have never seen a tropical Haflinger version combined with the exhaust heat exchanger system.
Some tropical Haflingers were fitted with the Eberspächer petrol heater in the front footwell, but even that is very rare.

Kind regards,
Constantin
AustHaflinger

Re: Heating Air

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks Constantin thats what I thought but I thought I would ask. The tropical intake is not really tropical more anti dust and as such you can have cold dusty conditions.

I am thinking about running the cooling air from the engine back into the cabin (not via the exhaust) to take the nip out of the air in winter.

I am not keen on the Eberspächer petrol heater (too dangerous) but I can get a similar diesel burning unit with inbuild diesel tank reasonably cheap that would fit under the dash. I used to fly in an aircraft that had an avgas burning heater in its nose and many of incidents the aircraft type has were fire related cause by the heater. We never used it and just froze.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)