Door for rear seat

Bigdougal

Door for rear seat

Post by Bigdougal »

I have been a complete muppet . About 6 months ago I bought my self a right hand side rear seat door on our french ebay equivalent , Leboncoin.

The door cost me 100 euros and is in great condition , some surface rust but that is all.

Not needing it immediately, I put it aside.

Just found out today it doesn't fit. It must have been from a long wheel base as it is somewhat smaller. Is anyone in need of a RHS seat door and does anyone have a RHS seat door for a shorty?

Cheers.

Doug
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Re: Door for rear seat

Post by heinkeljb »

Doug,

Can you take some measurements off it? I can compare it with Lurch as being a LWB Haflinger it will be easy to say for certain.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Thanks John, they are 380mm fore and aft and 520mm athwartships. It is 50mm shorter than the original.

Doug
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Lurch's rear two covers (being like most, slightly the worse for wear) - 522mm x 380mm and 525mm x 381mm - The right hand one (just so happens to be the same as the one you have) seems to have been "squashed" a little which would explain the slightly larger size. It has rust holes in it which means it has less structural strength now than when it was made.

Maybe a Christmas present for Lurch, but unfortunately cash strapped at present to be able to off you any thing for it right now.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!