Front parkers required for rego in nsw?

David bullock

Front parkers required for rego in nsw?

Post by David bullock »

My haffy has no front parkers or wireing for them, there is a spot in the semi-seald light for one but nothing else, im sure they will pick this up at blue slip time so itd be nice to kno where i stand.
Cheers, dave
heinkeljb

Re: Front parkers required for rego in nsw?

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Dave,

Sorry can't help directly with your regulations - testing issue, but if you post a picture of your headlight, front and back, I am sure someone will be able to offer advise.

From what I know of the headlights fitted, the original would have had a "Bakerlite" piece attached to the main bulb holder into which you would put a small BA10 style bulb.

If you haven't got any wiring in the loom at the point where it comes out and joins the back of the main bulb, have you tried looking at the other end of the loom sleeve to see if there is an extra wire going in but not coming out at the bulb end - in other words could the wire you are looking for be hiding up the wiring sleeve?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Dave - ADRs and the regulations that preceded them are not retrospective so what applies is what was applied when your vehicles was first registered in Aust. But in reality parkers have been around since the late 50s so unless your Haffie is one of the first ones you will need them.

As you mentioned the standard reflectors have a spot for the parkers so I would consider installing a light in there. On my Haffie the previous owner put some LED fittings above the front indicators which work well - see pic

But you should have parkers and wiring - I assume your light switch has the parker position on it.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
David bullock

Post by David bullock »

mines a 1970 model, wos'nt sure if she still had the original head lights, but if they are meant to be there ill put them back, it has a pull style headlight switch on the dash with a parker position so that makes sense, my haffy has been used as a weed sprayer for the last 10 years so i don't know whats original and whats been changed,(not knowing much about haflingers dosent help) but it would be nice to get her as close to original as possible.
cheers
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Was that the Haffie that sold on Ebay quite a few years back and still had the weed spraying tank in the back - I think sold for about $4500.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Goatwerks

Post by Goatwerks »

Stock headlamps have a 2w bulb socket for the parking lamps incorporated in the reflector.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Australian one might be different as they had to have x% local content and I think electrical stuff tended to be the local content stuff.

Dave, Work out how to post a picture and then we can all see what your are talking about. I made a post which might be of help with posting a picture or two:- http://thehaflinger.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=640

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
David bullock

Post by David bullock »

cheers goatwerks, (THE PARTS BOOK YOU HAVE ON YOUR WEBSITE IS AWSOME) i bought mine off gumtree a few months ago for 5000$ previous owner had it on a farm in bathurst.
Attachments
haffy2.jpg
haffy2.jpg (11.14 KiB) Viewed 994 times