4 door Haf

ogdenenterprise

4 door Haf

Post by ogdenenterprise »

I found this while trying to find information regarding the canvas hood. (copy and paste) http://www.bresciacar.it/Scheda_EN_217- ... 00-AP.html
The photos show a fair amount of detail of the original vehicle and canvas hood.
I still require close up details of how the straps are fixed, that wrap round the rear door vertical hoop and the strap that goes round this hoop above the door if any one can help.

Dave

forget I put copy & paste :oops:
walderse

Re: 4 door Haf

Post by walderse »

Dave,
Thanks for sending the link! Amazing example of a well cared for Italian Haflinger. I am most interested in the gauge to the left of the driver's side defroster hose. It appears to be a clock with a sweep second hand on a small dial. A pair of adjusting knobs along the lower quadrants of the gauge bezel. It also appears to be a small Steyr-Puch logo in the upper left corner of the instrument plate. The clock's location obviously required relocation of the data plate to 4WD engagement lever.

Looking at the 1970 parts manual section 9 20/0, there are only three instruments listed: speedometer/odometer, fuel level gauge and engine hour meter (on the APK trucks).

Has anyone seen a similar gauge in the past?

Take care.
Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
kerry460

Post by kerry460 »

G,,day . it appears too good to be true .
but , i am not disputing it .

it is beautiful

kerry
ex Tasmanian Haflinger agent .
1984 G Wagen 300GD auto
Yakov

Post by Yakov »

What is under the glass bowl fuel filter? It almost appears that it was replaced with an electric fuel pump.
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

Yakov wrote:What is under the glass bowl fuel filter? It almost appears that it was replaced with an electric fuel pump.
Looks like it and obviously the original fuel filter removed and replaced with the one shown in the pic
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

I have never seen the chassis no. stamped in to the body adjacent to the front seat like that before either. Is this an "Italian thing", or a later addition?
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
tpond

Post by tpond »

Great photos. Thanks for sharing!
1964 NA Spec. Haflinger
walderse

Post by walderse »

Julian,
I have copies of what appears to be one of the most comprehensive operator's manuals. It covers eight different Haflinger models. There is a reference to the vehicle number being stamped on far right side in front of the right side seat and the typical number plate in front of the left side of the right seat. I have never seen a vehicle in person with this stamping.
Hope this helps.
Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://northwestmogfest.com
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Doesn't have a glass fuel bowl, that's a new fangled plaster sealed item. There is an electric fuel pump under it - so although the bodywork maybe original, the engine compartment has been fiddled with....

Could well have been a dealership alteration to put the clock in a dashboard as I doubt it would have been a standard factory optional extra or more Haflingers would have had a clock like that fitted.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
jhon

Post by jhon »

That is lovely!

Having said that, I'm not sure that I'd want to own it, certainly not as my only Haflinger - it's so unspoiled that I'd not want to use it off-road, and would constantly be concerned about it's condition deteriorating.

If it is totally original, it's interesting to see that the perishable components like the seat rubber webbing straps haven't deteriorated.