Polycab door window rubbers

Ranger1

Polycab door window rubbers

Post by Ranger1 »

I have a 1972 Polycab here in the uk. It's not particularly original but it runs and is a lot of fun. I am now looking for a drivers side (uk) ie right hand side door window rubber seal. I bought a set from Protski but their seal is a straight piece, the correct profile but not moulded to the shape of the door. So when I fitted it, inside the acute angles of the window shape, the rubber just crinkles up and does not seat properly.
Does anyone have any Polycab door seals available please?
Nigel
Haflinger Polycab 1973 SWB
Pinzgauer 710 1982 ex Yugoslav army ambulance, three door body.
Freelander 2 HSE TD4
Mitsubishi FTO Car of the Year.
heinkeljb

Re: Polycab door window rubbers

Post by heinkeljb »

Nigel,

Have you tried using super glue on the window seal? If it will stick the type of rubber to itself, then maybe you could put some cuts in the crinkly bits in the corners and smooth them out?

Just a thought....

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
walderse

Post by walderse »

Autoquariat also sold the Polycab window rubber moldings at one time. The set I purchased seem very flexible but I have not installed them yet. Currently, I can only find the front and rear window moldings on their site.

Take care.
Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
Ranger1

Post by Ranger1 »

Thanks John and Jim. I am currently in discussion with two club members in the UK who might have complete polycabs which is a bit of overkill just to get a window rubber, but if that's what it takes then that is what I will have to do. And I would end up with plenty of Polycab spares. For now I will just keep a lookout on the various spares sites and see what I can find.
Nigel
Haflinger Polycab 1973 SWB
Pinzgauer 710 1982 ex Yugoslav army ambulance, three door body.
Freelander 2 HSE TD4
Mitsubishi FTO Car of the Year.