Truck Cab - Tilt

AustHaflinger

Truck Cab - Tilt

Post by AustHaflinger »

Does anyone know where I can buy a truck cab tilt and kit to recover the doors for a later model civilian Haflinger? Note these are different to those commonly sold by the Austrians etc for the early military Haflingers.

Thanks

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
ogdenenterprise

Re: Truck Cab - Tilt

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi Garry,
Do you have a tilt and doors on your Haf, if you have what type of doors are they metal frame with canvas or fiberglass on a metal frame with a curved top.

Dave
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

My tilt was home made by the previous owner - is OK but very breezy. The doors are metal framed with canvas covering.
PXL_20210607_032854223.jpg
PXL_20210607_032909098.jpg
Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

There is a guy in Europe who sells such things, but they will be expensive. Not sure if it is the same person, but I believe you can send your door frames in and get them back covered. Again, likely to be expensive.

Your pictures seem to show your tilt and doors looking quite reasonable. Mine are far worse and I will have to do something about them this year.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

heinkeljb wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:32 am Your pictures seem to show your tilt and doors looking quite reasonable.

John
Thanks John - the tilt which is home made, looks ok from a distance but does not fit very well, is extremely breezy inside - I froze driving it home last night in zero degree temps from a club meeting.

I have seen plenty of the old Austrian Army tops for sale but not the later type like I have. If I cannot track any down I guess I will just have to go to a local auto trimmer and get them to make one using mine as a basic template but with improvements.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Other than the large rear windows, the tilt and doors do not look very different from the European / UK ones I have seen. Lurch has a fibreglass roof and rear drop down with a relatively small window in it. Doors are metal tube with canvas and a clear plastic for the windows. Having said that the canvas was so rotten that it was just crumbling and so covered that spare door frame with a sheet of the clear plastic they use to hang in door ways, it's quite thick, but actually hasn't lasted that well. It's gone brittle and split so will have to be replaced shortly.
I think this time I'll stick some plywood on the bottom part of the door and see about getting some actual Perspex to use in the window sections.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!