elastic straps

ogdenenterprise

elastic straps

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Would anyone know if the elastic loops on the rear side canvas that hook over the side panels are seperate loops or one continuous
inter woven length from left to right.

Dave
Attachments
canvas 12.jpg
heinkeljb

Re: elastic straps

Post by heinkeljb »

Sorry Dave, Can't help with answering this as Lurch does not have a rear cover - looking at the picture you provided, I would say it was one long length as I am sure you can see the elastic strap line between the bottom sets of holes. But that might just be the way the canvas has ridged.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

I don't have access to my 1972 civilian LWB canvas at the moment, but some photos I have shows that the loops at the bottom of the rear flap are individual (ie not one long length) - first two photos - and from the outside of the side panels (third photo) the loops look sufficiently regular that I would imagine that they too are individual.

HTH
Attachments
IMG_3023.jpg
IMG_3020.jpeg
IMG_2982.jpeg
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
ogdenenterprise

Thank you, I have the 8mm elastic strap and I was going to make some crimps for it, but I did not know how many I would need.

Dave
ogdenenterprise

I had nothing to do at work over the weekend, so I made a few things for the Haflinger.
The rings are for the elastic straps, I will crimp them to the straps when I eventually have the canvas cover made.
They are made fron light weight aluminium tube and cut to lenght with tube cutters.

Dave
Attachments
crimps for elastic straps
crimps for elastic straps