New Seat straps

bestill

New Seat straps

Post by bestill »

Hi there everyone!. After trying several different ideas out for suitable seat straps I ended up with these. I paid about $73 AUD including postage to Australia for 16 of these 50mm webbing straps that are slightly elasticized. I found a seller on ebay that has the following listing " Webbing elastic with hook to measurements for seats of structures metallic" I picked black but there are several colours to choose from.
The hooks are almost identical and fit the holes in the seat frame perfectly except for the second last strap at the bottom cushion area . I had to drill a couple of 5mm holes so the belts were evenly spaced on the bottom cushion area. These straps took a bit of pulling to get them on as they flex only a few cm. They are much better than the rubber originals, are cheaper and very strong and should last a bit longer too. On this site you select the 40-50cm belts, then give your measurement between holes on the frame. (Mine was 41cm). There is several different hook types, I selected type 43 hooks. Here's a couple of pictures. Now I just have to finish the cushions. Cheers Dave
Attachments
IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG
heinkeljb

Re: New Seat straps

Post by heinkeljb »

Very similar to the webbing I used on Lurch. Mine went by the name of "Pirelli webbing". I bought enough of a length to make all the straps for the seat. Bought similar wire hooks, with strengthener plates. There's a post on here somewhere detailing a similar task.

I agree, I think that they will last better than the original rubber straps.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: New Seat straps

Post by AustHaflinger »

Hi Dave and thanks for that information. Some of my rubber seat straps are starting to perish on one on the passenger seat has failed so this is a good alternative.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)