Windscreen washer

gren_t

Windscreen washer

Post by gren_t »

Hi All,
While I was stripping the front end I removed the windscreen washer jet and realised I have not seen a washer bottle or any reference to a washer bottle motor in any of the electrical diagrams.

Can someone point out where the washer bottle is supposed to go and what it looks like, A photo would be a great help.

cheers all.
heinkeljb

Re: Windscreen washer

Post by heinkeljb »

I'll take a photo of the one in Lurch (1973 LWB) when it's daylight and I can move all the "crap" covering it up. Basically it is a soft plastic bag fixed just the other side from the screen washer nozzels and the water is fed to the nozzels by pushing on a rubber "button / bulb" and therefore squirting the water out.
I haven't seen a "new" manual pump for sale that is like the original, but then I haven't really needed to as I have a 12 volt electric "modern" water pump in Lurch as a repalcement for the non working manual pump.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
gren_t

Post by gren_t »

Thanks John,
I suspected it was a hole filler at one point as I have seen a few photos that show the front end without the washer jet.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Sorry, it's been "p*ssing" with rain here and I didn't feel like opening the doors on Lurch and letting allthe water in if I didn't have to. I will take a couple of photos tomorrow as the wether is supposed to be better.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Photo as promised.
IMG_1948.jpeg
Bit dark I’m afraid. Might be able to take a better photo over the weekend.

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

The thing that looks like a rotary knob is in fact a rubber push bulb with a water in let pipe and a water out let pipe on the back. You push on the bulb and it squirts water out of the windscreen washer nozzles just below the windscreen.

The one on Lurch has stopped working and has been replaced by an electric pump witht he push down flip switch you see on a "L" shaped aluminium bracket. Which does work better at squirting water at the windscreen than the manual pump.

John