Rust Repairs - Poor design

heinkeljb

Re: Rust Repairs - Poor design

Post by heinkeljb »

Gary,

The pictures on the link are for the "whole" bodywork (engine bay, platform, drivers footwell) as one piece, seen from various angles.

Not as helpful to you as it might be as I didn't see any close ups of the footwell. Maybe there are better photos elsewhere on that site.

Like you I want to get mine "on the road" - fed up of "fixing things" least of all because I haven't been able to fix things due to the weather. Might get a bit done today.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
pathfinder700ap

Post by pathfinder700ap »

Yes, the website shows the whole reproduction platform, made of new panels. Compare e.g. these two pictures with the original parts:
karosserie01.jpg
karosserie01.jpg (44.04 KiB) Viewed 684 times
karosserie02.jpg
karosserie02.jpg (41.41 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Regards,
Constantin
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks John and Constantin. Now I understand - silly me.

On reflection I should have just painted all the rusted exposed metal with POR 15 and then just bogged the rust holes - it would last a few years (maybe forever here) and sources the new repair panels I need for some future restoration as that is exactly what I am going to have to do anyway.

I will try an source some top coat on Monday (will have to be eye matched :( ) and recoat the floor etc and it should be Ok for a while.

Thanks for the help.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)