Canvas Top

Rick K

Re: Canvas Top

Post by Rick K »

I have found the contact details for a person making canvas hoods and door skins- in Austria. His name is Dr Peter Gutman. I can PM his contact details for anyone wanting them. He can send the doors skins, but warns they are difficult to trim and preferes to be sent the doors frames to skin them himself. His hoods look very similar to that shown by Westernair- same maker? Cheers. Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks Rick and to everyone else who responded - I received the same information and contact details today from Dan in Canada (TechMOGogy).

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
HuwLewis

Post by HuwLewis »

Rick K wrote:I have found the contact details for a person making canvas hoods and door skins- in Austria. His name is Dr Peter Gutman. I can PM his contact details for anyone wanting them. He can send the doors skins, but warns they are difficult to trim and preferes to be sent the doors frames to skin them himself. His hoods look very similar to that shown by Westernair- same maker? Cheers. Rick
This could be the person I've been looking for for a long time... I'd greatly appreciate any contact details you could pass on as my Haffie is running around naked in the Pyrenees. It can be cold (and wet)...

Huw Lewis
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

Hello!
My dad has had in storage for many years a full canvas for SWB with straight back (not slant back) . This one has roll up doors. My brother is going to get a copy made for his current restoration of 700AP/2 chassis number 5310944.

Now here's the problem - we don't have the frame. Does anyone have a frame they could measure up and share the dimensions? Or better still anyone in Australia that would be willing to lend theirs so we can make a copy? He is in Victoria.

Actually have the front bar but not sure if the centre and back one are both the exact same shape. And is there a bar that runs along the centre?

Cheers, Jim
Attachments
Haflinger canvas top 126 shrunk.jpg
Haflinger canvas top 126 shrunk.jpg (253.38 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Haflinger canvas top 120 shrunk.jpg
Haflinger canvas top 120 shrunk.jpg (254.62 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Haflinger canvas top 125 shrunk.jpg
Haflinger canvas top 125 shrunk.jpg (263.44 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
HaffyHunter

Post by HaffyHunter »

Hi Jim,
Here's are some images showing the layout of the hood sticks on a square back SWB. The center and rear hoops have the same dimensions but differ in design where the side bars attach. The center and rear hoops are higher than the front hoop (roll bar). The horizontal (top) section of the hoops have an arched profile. There is no bar along the center. I can give you some dimensions if you tell me which ones you need.
Cheers,
Steve
Attachments
Cutaway_View.jpg
Cutaway_View.jpg (54.51 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
DSCF0006a_051911.jpg
DSCF0006a_051911.jpg (93.71 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
DSCF0005a_051911.jpg
DSCF0005a_051911.jpg (77.54 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

Steve,
Your Haffie looks great! Thanks for your offer to help. It would be much appreciated if you could take some dimensions. I will PM you.

Jim
Callahan

Post by Callahan »

Rick K wrote:I have found the contact details for a person making canvas hoods and door skins- in Austria. His name is Dr Peter Gutman. I can PM his contact details for anyone wanting them.
Rick,
If you could PM his contact details that would be much appreciated.

Jim.
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

4138058[1].jpg
4138058[1].jpg (62.97 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
So I have 2 haffy's and made a single cab canvas top that works well, but I was looking for something for the entire length. I came into possession of the canvas cover for the Australian Army 4 wheeled trailer (Haulmark). I'm not really into my haffy being all original but wanted to show some photo's for those in Australia as a option. The canvas cover for the trailer is the same width and length as the haflinger and you will see the mods I've done but it only took a day. Danny
Attachments
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG