rebuild

ogdenenterprise

rebuild

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Moving the chassis from the front garage to my new shed.
Dave.
Attachments
Moving chassis to new shed.jpg
Moving chassis to new shed.jpg (311.88 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
heinkeljb

Re: rebuild

Post by heinkeljb »

Too shiny!

Needs some dirt on it! (lol)

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
SAM

Post by SAM »

Hi Dave

Your Haffy looks glorious! What did it look like when you got it?

Also they are nice looking tyres. Can you tell me what they are?

Are they on standard rims?

Sam
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Nice work David. Look forward to seeing it all come together. Im sure its been a long-hard slog but you are the fun stage now. Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
ogdenenterprise

Hi Sam & Rick, thank you for the compliments, Sam the tyres are semprit which have been retreaded and they are on original rims, Rick yes it has been a hard slog but an enjoyable one ,I have had the Haf for about 4 years now , I have to fill and bleed the brakes and adjust the hand brake plus a few other little bits then it will be time to adjust the gear linkage ready for a trial run. over the 4 years I have replaced all bearings and seals in the chassis , rebuilt the engine, had every thing including the body grit & soda blasted and painted , where possible I have changed every nut & bolt for stainless 316, made a new wiring harness , I have replaced every light lens, the list goes on and on. My only concern is what am I going to do when it is finished? ,I did suggest to my wife about buying a SWB haf and rebuilding that but that didnt go down too well. I have made contact with another haflinger owner today who lives about 1.5 hours drive away and I have made plans to go and view the vehicle tomorrow but I dont think it is for sale. I will take some photos and post them soon.
regards Dave
SAM

Post by SAM »

Hi Dave

Thanks for that. Those tyres look really nice. How does it work getting them re-treaded?

I guess you need some half decent cases, I have some that are a bit hard. Do the cases come back to life after the process?

Tyres are going to be a problem for me down the line and would be interested in where you got it done.

Thanks Dave

Sam
ogdenenterprise

Hi Sam, sorry but I dont know how the process is done,they were on the Haf when I purchased it.
regards Dave