LATE MODEL 1973 MK 2 SWB HARD TOP 700AP

SAM

LATE MODEL 1973 MK 2 SWB HARD TOP 700AP

Post by SAM »

Hi All

For sale MK2 1973 Hard Top Haflinger. I am sadly having to sell off my Haflinger collection as I am moving and have neither the time, room or money to keep them.

This vehicle is in ORIGINAL condition with no dodgy repairs. I am sure this has never been a farm vehicle not been used in since the 80s. I think this has seen almost exclusively road Kms as the bash plate is not marked and if you divide the hours and the kms it has a high average speed. The last owner said this was used around Sydney as a city car many years ago before he got it.

It has been used as a camper :shock: and had a rudimentary bed in the back when I bought it. I took this out and beneath this the tray (bed) is in pretty much as new condition! It is dirty but there is hardly a ding in it and the colour is I am sure as it would have been when it was new. The hard top has stopped this vehicle suffering the same fate as so many other Halfingers you see now.

In general the look of it is a bit rough as I think it has been in the sun a bit but it is in solid condition but there is a small amount of welding needed in the drivers and passenger foot wells and on the windscreen surround but the body is very straight and solid. I have not tarted it up at all for this ad and I have not done anything in the years I have had it. It was running when I got it and will now with a new battery.

I have not seen another hard top like it other than on Constantin’s site and I think it is probably quite rare. I will probably get corrected here but I think it is highly likely that this hard top was offered by the Australian importer as an option when new. It has doors that are exactly the same as other rigid doors I have seen on Aussie Haflingers and the construction matches the body perfectly. This vehicle is complete. The pre-heater pipes are there, the original exhaust, the governor & even the little button that blocks up the hole where the PTO handle would go. The Aluminium roll cage is pretty cool too! It comes on a trailer (unregistered) which is a bit tatty but covered a 1000km trip without a hiccup.

I paid AUD$6500 for it three years ago and I would like to get my money back.

I always thought this truck would look great sign written.

Give me a PM if you are interested. I thought I would put it up here before I advertise elsewhere. Located in BRISBANE, QLD, AUSTRALIA.

AustHaflinger

Re: LATE MODEL 1973 MK 2 SWB HARD TOP 700AP

Post by AustHaflinger »

Why do the good ones come along when I am not in the market - looks like a nice unit. There have been a few Aussies on here who have indicated they are looking for a vehicle so hopefully they will be in contact with you. I hope the sale goes well.

On question - I notice the engine has a spin on oil filter - do you have any details of this mod.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
bestill

Post by bestill »

Its a small world!. A few years back i went out to a property near Sofala in NSW to pick up some Haflinger parts. I'm pretty sure I saw your haflinger there on a trailer. The owner had told me it was sold awaiting pickup and he got $6500 for it. The deck certainly was in good condition due to being fully enclosed!. He had another Haflinger that was almost a wreck as well. I also picked up some good parts that day. Good luck with the sale! Dave
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Gary,

Lurch has a spin on oil filter and the engine seems identical to this one. (Lurch is a 1973 LBW as well). I wonder if this was something that was done at the factory right at the end of production? I have used the fact to put a "sandwhich" plate in to enable me to fit oil temperature and pressure gauges.

I am not convinced either way in terms of spin on filter verses paper filter and cup versions. The paper material inside must be pretty similar. Only slight advantage of the spin on filter is that is is not quite so messy - disadvantage is that it costs more as you throw the whole thing away!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

By the way, nice looking vehicle, pity it is so far away!

Real shame you are having to part company with them.... You'll miss it you know! :cry:

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
OZJohn

Post by OZJohn »

Hi Sam, I am interested. Please send your Email address to tallandoon at internode dot on.net
Regards, John in victoria.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

You can PM the person directly by clicking on the PM button at the bottom of the persons post.

John

OZJohn

Post by OZJohn »

Thanks John, just bought the Haflinger from Sam.

John.
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Good work John, its the quick or the dead...

Would you mind letting me know what part of Victoria you are in and your initials (or full name if you prefer) the Haflinger Club of Australia Register http://www.haflingerclub.org.au/Registry.

cheers

Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
OZJohn

Post by OZJohn »

Hi Rick,

I will have this Haflinger home next week.
If you send me your email I will send a couple of Haflinger related photos.
Live in Barwon Downs, Vic.

John.