1968 SWB - spares truck with V5 (UK)

heinkeljb

1968 SWB - spares truck with V5 (UK)

Post by heinkeljb »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/haflinger-/28 ... 417ca40265

Found this. Pity I have no space I could store it or any easy way to get it back home if I won. Hope fully someone can save it and at least use it for spares.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Rick K

Re: 1968 SWB - spares truck with V5 (UK)

Post by Rick K »

How sad. Makes you appreciate our survivors all the more.

Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

GBP 680 :shock: . Amazing.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
StuartR

Post by StuartR »

That was more than I was hoping to pay by about double!
There was a lot of useful parts there, and a V5.

It's a pity that most of the German E-bay sellers won't take paypal as often there are parts on there I am after. I've had some that do, and got a battery box, engine cover, seat and other bits.

Attached photo's of this afternoons task - carry on welding, I'm rebuilding the whole platform with new panels, started a while ago but it's picking up speed now, see pics: -
100_3747.JPG
100_4842.JPG
100_3747.JPG
Attachments
100_3758.JPG
Best Regards

Stuart

Northampton
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I am not sure the problem with the German suppliers is not taking Paypal, I have found most just do not want to post to the UK. they are happy to post to several EU countries but the UK is not one of them.

Talk about nut and bolt restoration - that appears to be a spot weld by spot weld one! You really are working on a labour of love with that Hafilinger. How long have you been at that?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Well I have certainly come across problems with Austrian suppliers not taking credit or debit cards, or PayPal. And because it is so expensive for a UK bank user to send EUR to the suppliers' bank it can really make life hard. Ho Hum!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
StuartR

Post by StuartR »

This has been a long term project. I bought it in November 2007 and started to work on the under seat and foot well. Decided that a full rebuild would be a better option. So over the past few years I have slowly passed large quantities of Beer tokens to Dale and now have all the panels, including a complete footwell assy. Basically I am replacing all the rotten under frame supports, all deck panels, front foot well assy, rear foot wells, rear and side stiffeners, in effect a whole new platform.

Lost count of the spot welds I have drilled out, and can see many more waiting for me.

Had to buy a bigger spot welder as needed 2mm + 2mm capacity, I've also got a one sided spot welding attachment for the Arc welder, not tried it yet, Mig for rest.
Also got a folder and shrinker stretcher, so lots of new skills to learn!!

Photos of it's as bought.
MY HAF 1.jpg
CIMG4937.JPG
HOLE IN FLOOR.JPG
Regards

Stuart
Best Regards

Stuart

Northampton
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I think the rest of this ought to go in a "restoration thread" or it will get lost as it is under a "for sale" tag at present. I don't wish to stop people posting, just trying to help others later on when we have all forgotten we ever replied to this!

Well done Stuart for having taken on some thing which might have put a few others off doing anything at all!!

John

StuartR

Post by StuartR »

I'll post some progress in a while on the restoration thread, unless any of this can be moved to add to?

Regards

Stuart
Best Regards

Stuart

Northampton