The roof line seems to have been raised :?:
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Re: LWB 1973

Post by heinkeljb »

Had a look at the "partner" site which says it is the original listing point. The seem to be a few "nit pick" oddities:

Listing claims:

It is a Model MS 50 - I have never seen ANY documentation listing the Haflinger as an MS50.

Claims it is a category type of: Motorcycle (?)

Claims it is NOT a convertible, obviously they don't know the canvas comes off!

Claims it is RHD when clearly it is LHD. (accelerator pedal is in the middle of the vehicle so the photo can't have been swapped 180 degrees)

It does look nice though. I doubt it will sell at that price though. I can see it hanging around in their forecourt / warehouse / showroom for a while with the price coming down bit by bit. It would probably sell at about half the current asking price.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Julian,

Looking through the back window at a high zoom, it does look like there is more "vertical" above the windscreen than on mine. It also looks like the hoops are taller than a "stock" version.

There is the possibility that as a late 1973 / 1974 in the home country that it could have been a "last gasp" attempt by the factory to correct areas highlighted by customers. There are a number of comments made by "tall" people who don't fit so well! Having said that, raising the roof but not the glass doesn't make sense.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

I don't want to knock it in itself - it may well be a fine vehicle for all I know - but to call it "completely original" (and to want that sort of £-€-$) is a tad optimistic; incorrect wing mirrors, no headlamp guards, strange convoy light cover, strange roof height, non original fittings on the canvas, no side indicator repeaters, no windscreen tie down straps & many items incorrectly coloured in the interior.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

It's a typical "car sales" thing - get something strange to sell, do a little bit of research. Put minimal details on your sales flyer - a tad bit more on the "complete details" section but as it is likely a "copy and paste" job now-a-days for web pages, who knows where they got their information from.

Also, quite likely the owner/seller told them it was "completely original"! They won't bother to do enough research to find out it isn't!

John